Monday, August 10, 2009

Glenn Beck is a Weasel!

I always thought that Glenn Beck was a nut, but now I have to add weasel to the description. Watch this video before reading the rest of this post. If the embedded video doesn't show, here's the direct link.



Let's start with this direct quote from the mouth of the weasel. (Emphasis mine) "I go in and say I'm turning in my clunker... The DEALER goes into cars.gov and THEY hit submit transaction."

How many of you caught the fact that he is on a page that can only be accessed by THE CAR DEALER. I went to the site and clicked on EVERY link there, but NEVER got to that page or that message, because consumers can't get there. As far as I can see, a dealer has to go to a page hidden from the public and login with a username and password. He appears to be on a page that the dealer submits when he is filing to get his money from the government and the message is keeping the used car dealer honest.

Does ANYONE have a problem with the government keeping tabs on used car dealers???

The consumer privacy policy that is posted at the site is standard fare and FAR LESS invasive than any social network or major commercial site. This kind of yellow journalism is problematic, to say the least. Lies and deception are the tactics of a weasel and to have a Fox news anchor there to add credibility to his lies is a sad commentary on the state of our news journalists.

All of his warnings about not going to the site were not because he was concerned with your computer or privacy, but because you would never get to see what he was showing! How do they sleep at night?

2 comments:

  1. C'mon, Art- Beck's a bean-bag at best. Who in thier right mind would take anything this worry-wart weasle has to say? All he does is make cute-sy faces and worry about everything under the sun.
    He's a recovered alkie, but I think the damage was done well before he discovered the '12 steps' process.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately, some of the folks I grew up with (HS classmates) take Beck quite seriously, buy his books, and vote accordingly. I cringe at some of the posts I see from
    these people on Facebook, and have to count to a very high number to keep myself from commenting and setting off an ugly flame war. At least seeing their postings helps me gauge the impact of Beck and his ilk.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!