Saturday, June 22, 2013

Funerals and Things That Go Bump in the Night

We've all heard about strange things happening after the death of a loved one. I'm not a disbeleiver, and as my son  says, there are many levels to the matrix. Having experienced strange things under different circumstances, I keep an open mind, but today I'm a believer.

My father died on Wednesday and things started happening that were unexplainable. On Thursday, when my mother woke up and came to breakfast, she said that she kept hearing alarms all during the night. We didn't get upset and didn't think it was particularly strange until we got a phone call from my niece. She told us that her phone alarm, which was not set and not being used, went off every half hour beginning around midnight. It really freaked her out, and coupled with mom's story, Twilight Zone music began running through my head.

If that had been the only thing, I  would have still been a bit skeptical, but since then other things have been happening. For example, when hen we got home from the funeral there was a bright, brand new, 2013 penny sitting on the center cushion of the den couch.

Then throughout the day,  lights in the house kept dimming and flickering unexplainably. My sister said that the only time this ever happened was doing a storm. At first, I dismissed it, but as the day went on, and even today as we're sitting here, it still is happening.

Last night at 1:43 AM, my sister's phone alarm went off. It wasn't set and it was a ring tone she never used. She didn't see any significance to the time, but I immediately remembered that during my high school years, Dad had a trucking business and used to set his alarm for 1:45AM.

I said that it couldn't happen to me, because I turn the phone to silent. Then it hit me that when checked my email, I noticed that a setting was changed. I'm positive it was not something I had done accidentally.

I'm not sure exactly what to make of this, but I do know that is not ordinary. It might be Dad trying to communicate with us, anomalies created by the minds of the loved ones, or something else, but whatever it is, I do you know is not ordinary!

Have any you had similar experiences?

1 comment:

  1. yes. a turkey flew up onto my 2nd floor balcony and looked in our window. all of the relatives were home for the funeral, and the turkey walked back and forth looking in the window at all of us in the room. that would never happen again in 1000 years. it was extremely strange.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!