Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Hanes, the Untimate Fail

It appears that the final resolution in my two month Hanes odyssey is, CAVEAT EMPTOR!  If you read Hanes Not Your Way and Hanes Continues to Fail, you know that on January 22, I ordered 6 items, two of which (deep navy and light steel #H5580) turned out to be out of stock and back ordered.

You also know that each time they gave me a projected delivery date, it would pass and be replaced by another projected delivery date.  After NUMEROUS calls to customer support, on 3/12 I came to a semi resolution with a customer support manager.  She located one of the items in an outlet store, substituted a different style for the other one she could not locate, and said the substitution was not a replacement for the back ordered one, which I would get when it came in.

Well there were a few problems.  Apparently, the clerk in the outlet store had problem, because the deep navy turned out to be black and identical to one of the items that WAS shipped earlier.  Maybe they were saving money on lighting or maybe there was a color blind issue, but the color was wrong.

But things took a turn for the worse today when I got an email with the status update of the light steel that was projected to ship yesterday.  I expected to see that another delivery date had come and gone.  In a way it did, because IT IS SOLD OUT!!!

That raises a few issues, because the item has not been in stock since January 22, but has been continually sold since then, to hundreds or even thousands of customers.  I assume that like me, each sale had a  projected delivery dates 6-10 days after the sale.  I assume that like me, each delivery date has come and gone, and been replaced by a new delivery date, which has come and gone.  Finally, I assume that hundreds, if not thousands of people received an email similar to the one I received today, which states the product is sold out.

I can only wonder how many other styles and how many other customers have been treated the same way.  Sorry, Hanes.  This is the ultimate fail.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!