Wednesday, October 17, 2007

TLR&R Background

In 1996, there as a very destructive board of education in our town and I was a teacher in the district.  In an effort to change the makeup of the board, I started a web site to get the word out to the public about their nefarious dealings and non-educational agenda. The site was called Truth, Lies, Rumors, and Rumbles.

I knew that the site by itself would do little, but knew that the Internet was just becoming big news in the print world.  My hope was that the press would pick up on it and get the word out.  The press coverage and impact of the site was beyond my most optimistic expectations, but that's a whole different story and ancient history.

Since then, I've retired and volunteer as the Educational Technology Director of WiredSafety.org.  I'm bundling all of my past and present experiences into the future postings here and I felt that resurrecting the old name would be appropriate.

My goal then was to educate the public about the dealings of the school district and board of education.  My goal with WiredSafety is to educate people about how to create and maintain safe, responsible, online community, and my goal here is to mix all of that with observations and education on any topic.

Take care,
Art

1 comment:

  1. Hi Art,

    I appreciate blogs like this. We can all use a good dose of humor and wisdom now and then.

    Keep writing and thanks for sharing!

    Doug

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!