Wednesday, December 12, 2007

To Whom Do You Report the BBB?

So who watches the watch dog? On Oct. 14, I filed an online complaint against Acme Express Oil in Ocean County, NJ. They installed a new oil tank on my property and failed to bleed the lines before they left. Without getting into the details, the problem that transpired was a result of their failure to bleed the line. They refused to stand behind their work and I had to pay for a service call. It was $75. In the scheme of things, that's no big deal, but the way the situation was handled and their refusal to stand behind their work, made it a matter of principle.

I was told that I could expect notice of action within 3 weeks. A month went by and I heard nothing. On Nov. 22, I sent an inquiry about the situation, but heard nothing.

About an hour ago, I called the BBB, stated my situation and gave my information. The young lady dug up the file and looked into it. Unable to give me an answer, she said, "Let me see who handled this." and put me on hold.

After about 5 minutes of sitting on hold listening to tips about avoiding getting robbed or ripped off during holiday shopping, Nancy came on the line.

Like another verse of Alice's Restaurant, I repeated my story. Eventually, Nancy said that they had sent a reply. I informed her that I never received it and asked if they could send it again, to which she replied that she would.

I asked if she could send it right out, but she couldn't. I asked when I could expect it. She said not until at least next week, because they just got a new computer system and she was trying to figure it out. At this point I just pictured her giving a wink, wink, nod, nod to the person next to her.

It seems a bit strange that they could locate my complaint and the fact that they sent a reply (wink, wink, nod, nod), but couldn't send the response until at least next week because they have a new computer system.

Before hanging up, I asked who had handled my original complain. It was non other than Nancy.

I'll wait until next week and follow up with another call and post the results here. Anyone want to take any bets?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!