Monday, April 26, 2010

I Won't Let Facebook Do It!


Yesterday I posted about Facebook's move to allow 3rd party web sites to access your data. The privacy implications were so significant that I created a presentation showing how to check your privacy settings in light of the change.

Well, I'm back today with another presentation, because something happened today that made me realize just how vulnerable we are as a result of this new change. I also realized that I missed a very important privacy setting.

The presentation explains the incident that took advantage of one of my friends and me, because of a simple oversight on my part. Here's the downloadable PDF version.

1 comment:

  1. Nice work. I'm posting these links to others on Facebook as I know that this is information that you WOULD like to share.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!